LIFE CHANGING COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BARS:
I have a couple of protein bar recipes here on this little blog of mine, but these are BY FAR the best in my humble opinion. As a bonus, these are kid and allergy friendly, so they are a great grab & go option for all members of the family (minus those littles under one year old since it does contain honey and that’s a no-no for them.) You most likely have a lot of these ingredients already in your paleo pantry. If you don’t have collagen peptides, any protein powder will do, it may just change the flavor a bit. I’d love to know how you like them! Tag me on instagram if you make them!
- 2 Cups Coconut Flour (Thrive Market is my favorite)
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (Again, Thrive Market never lets me down!)
- 1/2 Cup Collagen Peptides (I like either Vital Proteins or Girl and the Sea)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Cashew Butter (Artisana Brand is great!)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Honey
- 5-10 Tablespoons of almond milk (room temperature, mixed thoroughly)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper (you can use a different size, it will just effect the size and thickness of your bars/glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, collagen powder, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, or an electric stand mixer, combine the cashew butter, syrup and honey until smooth. You may need to warm the cashew butter and honey first to make mixing easier.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly, and combined until you have a uniform batter. It should be pretty firm.
- Mix in almond milk a few tablespoons at a time until the batter softens up just a tad, enough to work into the pan in the next step.
- Take the dough and press it into a uniform layer in the baking dish.
- add the chocolate chips on top pressing them into the batter
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Once chilled, take them out and cut them into 10 bars.