When making these I set out to make a minty chocolate bar that would be really pretty for the holiday season. I chose to make them green because I wanted to incorporate this new matcha powder from Soar Organics that I have been loving! Matcha is such a nutrient powerhouse and also provides a very festive natural food coloring when you need it! What I didn’t expect was that these bars would taste just like Thin Mints! They are so good! I recommend keeping them in the freezer for a nice cold minty after dinner treat when your sweet tooth strikes! Here’s how you make them:
- 1 batch raw chocolate chip cookie dough (I used Cappello’s Double Chocolate) You can totally make your own as well using your favorite cookie dough recipe.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 pitted dates
- 3/4 cup of tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbs of matcha powder (I love Soar Organics – use code BrookeLibby15 for 15% off your order!)
- 1/2 tsp – 1tsp peppermint oil
- 3 tbs cacao powder
- For the drizzle: 2 tbs coconut oil melted,
- For the drizzle: 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Base: Press raw cookie dough into an even layer at the bottom of a wax paper lined 8×8 baking dish. Place in the freezer while you make the other layers.
- Put all of the ingredients (except the cocoa powder and the drizzle ingredients) into a food processor and blend on high until smooth. (Start with 1/2 tsp peppermint oil, taste, and add more if more is needed)
- Remove 1/2 of the filling from the food processor and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the 3 tbs cocoa powder to the food processor and blend to create the brown layer.
- Remove the cookie dough base from the freezer.
- Layer the brown filling onto your cookie dough base, pressing it down firmly with the back of a spoon. Then return to the freezer to set up.
- Layer on the green filling on top of the brown layer & return to the freezer one more time to let everything set up. (about 1 hour)
- Remove the bars from the freezer and cut into your desired sizes. Small squares or rectangles work best.
- Mix together the drizzle ingredients until you have a pourable consistency and drizzle it all over the top of the bars in a zig-zag motion.
- Return to the freezer until you are ready to enjoy!
Let’s stay in touch! Click below to: