Adam and I were talking the other day about food we used to love to eat but no longer eat now that we know better… Back in our early twenties, when we thought fairly little about the foods we were nourishing our bodies with, there were two things that we ate a lot of, pizza and subway sandwiches. For both of these meals, there was one commonality, Chicken Bacon Ranch. Who doesn’t love this flavor combination? After we took this stroll down memory lane, I found myself craving the creamy ranch flavor paired with the crispy, salty bacon and some tender chicken. So I recreated the flavors in a casserole that is nutrient dense and will be sure to please the entire family!
I made this recipe with busy families in mind. With ingredients like store-bought rotisserie chicken, riced cauliflower and Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing, most of the work is already done for you! You can certainly roast your own chicken, rice your own cauliflower and make your own ranch, but I want my recipes to be easy and quick for families that don’t have a lot of time to prepare meals, but still want to make sure they are putting something healthy on table. So you decide! This recipe feeds two adults and two small children, but you can double it for more people or for leftovers! Here’s how you make it:
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken (I’m a big fan of the plain one from Whole Foods since there are no hydrogenated oils used)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 large avocado
- 1 12 oz. bag of (fresh or frozen) caulirice (also called riced cauliflower)
- 12 ounces of bacon
- 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ranch Dressing (I love Primal Kitchen Ranch)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- On a cookie sheet, lay the bacon flat. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is crispy!
- While the bacon is cooking, pick apart your rotisserie chicken and put all the chicken in a bowl. You should be left with about 1-1.5 lbs of chicken.
- Shred the chicken with a food processor, stand mixer paddle attachment or just chop up finely with a knife.
- Dice up your onion and avocado.
- One the bacon is done cooking, take out of the oven and chop into a small crumble. Reserve a small portion for sprinkling on top as a garnish.
- Turn the oven down to 350.
- Combine the onion, caulirice, avocado, chicken, bacon, ranch and salt in a large casserole dish (9×11) is a good size, but this recipe is forgiving if you don’t have the exact size.
- Stir all the ingredients together until everything is well coated.
- Bake in the oven covered with tin foil for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add bacon reserved for garnish and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Drizzle some additional ranch on top before serving if desired.
Let’s stay in touch! Click here to: